- I’m Ashley, the voice behind Wildfire Interiors.
- For the first 11 years if its life this blog was called Domestic Imperfection. It was a great name for what it was, but as it grew and my life changed, the name needed to as well. And so, Domestic Imperfection became Wildfire Interiors.
- I unapologetically love blue and green. All the shades, mixed together in whatever way, with accents of orange and a spattering of neutrals for good measure. I’ve tried to fight it, but this is my happy place.
- While I love reading about design trends, I don’t believe in following them. Life is short, surround yourself with things that bring you joy.
- On a budget? Me too. It’s not a bad thing, and more often than not it leads to a space that is creative, unique, and really fun to put together. Good design doesn’t have to be expensive.
Now a little about my life –
- I’m from the Texas Hill Country, born and raised.
- At the age of 19 I married my high school boyfriend, became and Army wife, and followed him to New York for six years. After getting out of the military we moved back to Texas, had a baby, started remodeling our first home, I started this blog, had another baby, designed and built a custom home, and had a couple more babies.
- We divorced after 16 years, and I am now a single mom to four amazing boys.
- At the age of 35 I became a college student, and am currently working on my degree in Interior Design. It’s never too late!
Anyway, I hope you enjoy my website. This is just a fun place for me to share my passion and my hobby, so please enjoy yourself and don’t take any of this too seriously. It’s just decorating, it’s just stuff… none of it really matters in the end.